This is the 2nd call for nominations for the 2020-2021 Executive Committee and the Nominating and Balloting Committee. The following is a list of NOMINEES received to date for the 2020-2021 Executive and the Nominating and Balloting Committees:
(1) For the Executive Committee, the following positions are to be filled (Attachment A):
- Vice-President External/President Elect (1 year term)*
- Vice-President Internal (2 year term)
- Jon Church, Professor, Medicine
- Treasurer (2 year term)
- Erin Alcock, Librarian III, Queen Elizabeth II Library
- Four Members-at-Large (three 1 year terms and one 2 year term)
- Ashrafee Hossain, Associate Professor, Business (1 year)
- Josh Lepawsky, Professor, Geography (1 year)
- Sevtap Savas, Associate Professor, Medicine (2 year)
*Following their 1 year term as Vice-President External, the person will then move into the position of President and in the subsequent year, move to the role of Past President.
(2) For the Nominating and Balloting Committee, four members are to be elected (Attachment B).
The Executive and the Nominating & Balloting Committees are hopeful that nominations will be received from all departments, schools and faculties. According to the MUNFA Constitution, any MUNFA member is eligible for any of these positions.
Official nominating forms are attached. Each nomination must be accompanied by (1) the signature of the nominee (indicating his or her willingness to serve), and (2) the signatures of a proposer and seconder. All three must be members of MUNFA. The nomination period ends at noon on February 24, 2020. Each candidate has the option of submitting to the Committee a statement of not more than150 words which shall be circulated to the membership. Such statements must be received by the MUNFA office by noon on February 25, 2020.
In accordance with the MUNFA Constitution and the Terms of Reference of the Nominating and Balloting Committee, an election for members of the MUNFA Executive will be organized after the close of nominations. The Nominating & Balloting Committee will also be elected at this time. Under amendments passed at the October 1992 General Meeting, voting will be by mail ballot.
NOMINATING & BALLOTING COMMITTEE 2019-2020
|Erin Alcock, Q.E. II Library (ex-officio)||email@example.com|
|Michael Kirkpatrick, Historyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sarah Martin, Political Scienceemail@example.com|
|Scott Matthews, Political Science (ex-officio)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sherrie Myers, ASM-CE, Engineeringemail@example.com|
Please forward all nominations to the MUNFA Nominating & Balloting Committee, c/o MUNFA Office, Room ER4047, Alexander Murray Building, by noon on February 24, 2020.