We met with the administration on November 20 and on December 3, 2013. The start times of these meetings were delayed by the administration. And on both occasions even though a second day had been scheduled, we did not use it. The next two-day scheduled session was on December 12 and 13 and on the second day both sides agreed on a schedule for the first two months of 2014. Negotiating sessions were scheduled for January16-17 and 28-29. The administration cancelled the sessions on January 16 – 17, yet again delayed start time January 28, and at the last minute told us they were not ready to respond to MUNFA’s proposals.
So, where are we as of today? Except for Article 1, MUNFA has completed revision on the outstanding Collective Agreement proposals received so far from the employer, all of which passed across the bargaining table to MUNFA by the administration in December, 2013. These were returned to the administration at the bargaining table on January 28 and 29. All the proposed Articles except Articles 22 and 26 are now in the hands of the administration, including Articles 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 13, 15, 19, 23, 28, 29 & 30, as well as the “Policies and Procedures Governing the Appointment, Review, Promotion & Tenure of Academic Administrators”
The MUNFA Negotiating Committee has worked diligently on replying to the proposals that the university offered, and will continue to do so as the administration finds the time to seriously consider and respond to the MUNFA proposals.
MUNFA Negotiating Committee:
- Dr. Jon Church (Chief Negotiator), Medicine
- Dr. Barrie Barrell, Education
- Dr. Alistair Bath, Geography
- Dr. Stephen Butt, Engineering & Applied Science
- Dr. Sonya Corbin Dwyer, Grenfell Campus
- Mr. Dan Duda, Library
- Ms. Kelly Hickey, MUNFA Executive Officer
- Dr. George Jenner, Earth Sciences
- Dr. Basil Kavanagh, Human Kinetics & Recreation
- Mr. Leroy Murphy, Cooperative Education Coordinator, Business
- Dr. Richard Rivkin, Ocean Sciences
- Dr. Paul Wilson, Grenfell Campus