Office Furniture and PDTER

It has recently come to MUNFA’s attention that an Academic Staff Member (ASM) was advised he/she could cover the expense of office furniture from his/her Professional Development and Travel Expense Fund (PDTER). This is not the case; the university administration has agreed that office furniture is their responsibility, but it is not an eligible PDTER expense (Clause 31.54). MUN accepts responsibility for the provision and maintenance of office furniture.

Therefore, when furniture is required for an ASM’s university office, whether for repair, replacement, or other reasons, he or she should refer the need to the Administrative Head.