Clauses 31.53 – 31.62 of the Collective Agreement outline the parameters of the PDTER Fund for MUNFA Bargaining Unit members. Please note in particular, Clause 31.53 which states:
The University shall provide Professional Development and Travel Expense Reimbursement (PDTER) for each regular term appointment, tenure track or tenured ASM and permanent Coordinator who is employed as of April 1 at this University.
- ! The PDTER is $1600 per year for expenses incurred in any one (1) fiscal year.
- ! Up to two (2) years entitlement ($3200) may be carried forward to a maximum entitlement of three
(3) years ($4800) at any one time for expenses incurred in any one (1) fiscal year.
- ! Only two (2) non-travel related claims may be made in a fiscal year.
Pro-ration of PDTER occurs only when:
- ! an ASM is hired after April 1st in a fiscal year, the PDTER is prorated for the number of months between date of hire and the end of the fiscal year (March 31); or,
- ! an ASM is hired as a regular term appointment with a contract that spans more than one (1) fiscal year, in which case the PDTER allowance is pro-rated for the duration of his or her appointment in *each* fiscal year. In these cases, the PDTER shall not exceed $1600 in any twelve (12) month period.
All claims for PDTER shall be submitted before resignation or retirement, or termination of a contract. Note that the university’s fiscal year runs from April 1 through March 31.