FOR MORNING OF
November 1, 2023
Fall 2023 Meeting: MUNFA & Senior Administration
This afternoon, members of the MUNFA Executive Committee as well as MUNFA Staff Members will be meeting with members of Memorial’s Senior Administration, notably Memorial University President Neil Bose and Provost Jennifer Lokash. These meetings are intended to be an avenue for MUNFA to raise concerns relevant to members and the greater Memorial community and advocate for further transparency, accountability, and collegiality from the Senior Administration. Members can access a summary of MUNFA’s July 27 meeting with Senior Administration here.
The agenda MUNFA intends to raise is as follows:
- Collegial Governance and the Auditor General’s Report on Memorial University
- For the MUNFA President’s response to the Auditor General’s Report click here.
- The Student Wellness and Counselling Centre and the use of the Complement Advisory Committee
- 2SLGBTQI+ Hate in the Community and On-campus
- Contract Academic Staff Conditions
- The State of the Science Building
- The use of Course Experience Questionnaires (CEQs)
- CSIS On-Campus across Canada
A full Information Bulletin will be distributed to members summarizing the meeting and the commitments given to MUNFA following the meeting. Members are further encouraged to send items they would like raised in future meetings with Senior Administration or otherwise brought to the attention of the MUNFA Executive to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professor of Geography and MUNFA President